24.11.06

Wenger admits to improper conduct

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted a Football Association charge of improper conduct after an incident with West Ham manager Alan Pardew.

The West Ham boss has denied a similar charge after a confrontation between the pair during the Hammers' 1-0 win at Upton Park on 5 November.

Wenger refused to shake Pardew's hand at the end of the game and left without speaking to the press.

Both managers have requested personal hearings at an as-yet unconfirmed date.

Wenger said he "felt provoked in a disrespectful way in my area" by Pardew's enthusiastic celebration of Marlon Harewood's late winning goal, for which he later apologised.

"It was a small incident when two managers had a disagreement on a heated incident," said Wenger a week after the game.

"I will not demand a hearing because for me the incident is over.

"I said I regret having reacted so all the rest now can only be boring and a waste of time. "

No comments: